• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no contract with dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

takinthemdown

What is the name of your state?TX
I purchased a vehicle back in May. There have been nothing but problems with the dealership. The two major things that they have done are; they put someone else's licenses plates on my vehicle and I drove around for 2 months before they called me to tell me. Then they never turned in our loan contract. A girl working in the office threw it away. The only thing they have is a copy of a copy that is the wrong contract. The loan company will not accept it telling me that they do not have a loan for us. Now the dealership wants us to come back after 4 months and sign a new contract. Due to all the problems we have had with them, we told them that we just want to turn the truck in and get a check for the trade in value of the vehicle we traded in. They tell us they cannot do this since the truck has been taxed and titled and they state that the copy of the copy of the wrong contract is a legal binding contract. I want to know if this is true since they cannot produce an original contract agreement. Can they make us keep the truck and sign the contract or do they have to give us our money back and take the truck back?

outonbail

Not sure I'm clear on what your referring to when you say a copy of a copy of the wrong contract?

Obviously any contract that is the wrong contract wouldn't apply to your specific situation. However, why do you want to return the truck after driving it for four months? You haven't indicated having any problems with the truck so I assume it has been operating without any trouble or breakdowns. This being the case, you have admitted to having the vehicle in your possession and operating it for four months, so why should the dealer not recieve any compensation for the vehicle they have provided? I think it would be best to just make that last trip to the dealer to get the paperwork straightened out and be happy you have aquired a reliable vehicle. If the dealer were so inclined, perhaps they could throw in an oil change or free servicing for putting you through the trouble of filling out the paperwork again, but this is by no means mandatory of him. But you might suggest something of this nature if you decide to cooperate with them, which is probably the best way to resolve the problem, as well as the path of least resistance..........

T

takinthemdown

What happened to the customer is always right?

We signed two contracts already. The first one was wrong. The second one was correct. They threw them away. They only have a copy of the first contract that was completely wrong. I am not unhappy with the vehicle but I am completely unhappy with the terrible service I have received for 4 months. The run around that I have received. The fact that I have not been treated like a valued customer when I purchased a vehicle over $35,000. The fact that I asked for touch up paint that they promised me after the numerous times I have been down there to straighten this out and have told me over and over that they had to order it. They really did not care about retaining me as a continued customer once the truck was sold. I can get the truck anywhere. Product is everywhere. Customer service is the key here. Why should they not pay for their continued mistakes. They put my licenses plates on upside down!!! As a person that works in a completely customer service based business and would lose many clients and commissons if I treated my clients like this, I feel that they do owe me something. A free oil change is a joke. They made a ton of money off of me on the brand new truck I traded in and the brand new truck I bought. I do not feel that I should back down just because they do not want to take responsibility for their employees actions. I have been insuring a truck that does not even belong to me. I want to know if I have any action against them based on the fact that they only have a copy of a contract that is incomplete and wrong? Is this a legal binding contract? I am not an unreasonable person. I have given them plently of chances to correct every error they have made and they have been nothing but rude until now. All of a sudden the owner of the company is concerned about us and wants to make it right so I feel if the owner is contacting us, they know we have some sort of leverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">