• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid parking tickets and Credit Reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scarymarylala

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL

Hi-

My boyfriend flat out refuses to pay his parking tickets for a suburb of Chicago. He had 5 $50 tickets, which are now $150 each. These have now gone into collection and are on his credit report (we got a copy of it the other day, 5 are listed although he's only been getting letters from the credit ppl about 3 of them). He claims that noone looks at parking tickets, and even though theyre on his report, it doesn't matter at all. Granted, this is also a man who has a horrible credit rating as is and is just learning how to pay his credit card bills on time. I've been working with him to help him fix his credit, but I was wondering how right he was on this matter. Any thoughts/comments on this sort of thing (eg, how does this affect him getting school loans or a mortgage in the future?)?

Thanks,
Mary

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">