• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tongue piercing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shay's mom

What is the name of your state?Florida
What is my recourse for my 15 yr old daughter getting her tongue pierced without our permission? Her 18yr old boy friend had his signature notarized as a Legal Guardian giving her permission. The piercing/tatoo business supplied me with copies of the notarized paper and a copy of his license. This is probably the mildest thing she has done, but I have reached a breaking point now.

thelizzy

How did the boyfriend get himself appointed your 15-year-old's legal guardian and get it notarized? Because, according to Florida law, the piercing/tattoo parlor did what they were supposed to by requiring the paper of notarized guardianship. The question is how he was able to obtain that.

JETX

shay's mom said:
What is my recourse for my 15 yr old daughter getting her tongue pierced without our permission? Her 18yr old boy friend had his signature notarized as a Legal Guardian giving her permission. The piercing/tatoo business supplied me with copies of the notarized paper and a copy of his license. This is probably the mildest thing she has done, but I have reached a breaking point now.
Take your papers to the local police and file a criminal complaint against him. And since he is this careless with his actions and 'concern' for your feelings, you can damn near bet that is relationship with your daughter is NOT platonic. While you are at the police station, you might just check into criminal charges against him for that too.

VR_Hunter

shay's mom said:
Don't let this go. It may piss your daughter off, but she will come around. Mine did.

Go to the police and file as JETX suggested. Then rip the SOBs balls off and threaten feed them to the dog. Or, maybe you just better file a charges. While that may not be as satisfying, it will be a lot more legal. Good luck.

M

marmatag

shay's mom, if you were a more approachable parent, your daughter wouldn't have gone behind your back to do this. Seeking to punish anyone you can will only alienate her further.

Do what any good parent would do, and have a discussion with your daughter about this kind of thing. After the stud in her tongue is removed, of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">