• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promotional Music CD for Non-profit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nykohlus

What is the name of your state? Florida

I'm coordinating a non-profit youth HIV prevention program and would like to include a music CD as a give away. I was planning on having a professional DJ mix a CD of techno music that I can burn copies of. I plan to list the names of the songs and artists and provide a disclaimer that this CD is intended for non-profit purposes and is not to be sold.

Am I infringing on any copyright laws and why?

Thanks for your help!

Dandy Don

Whether you are infringing or not might be open to question, but you probably are. Just because it is used for non-profit purposes doesn't mean that you don't need to pay each artist a royalty for the use of their song. If you can't afford to pay the royalties, then contact each artist and get their permission first, or find out how much the royalty fee is and come up with it.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">