• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bike hits parked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bikerkids

What is the name of your state? California

My 16 yr old sis hit a parked car with her bike and cause 2 small dents. We have no insurance. A police report was made and all that. What happens next? Should she automatically accept responsibility? Should she talk to the car owner's insurance agent? How can we ensure that we do not get taken advantage of?

Happy Trails

bikerkids said:

My 16 yr old sis hit a parked car with her bike and cause 2 small dents. We have no insurance. A police report was made and all that. What happens next? Should she automatically accept responsibility? Should she talk to the car owner's insurance agent? How can we ensure that we do not get taken advantage of?
**What are the owners of the parked car doing about it?

You Are Guilty

bikerkids said:

No bicycle insurance, eh? Shame. If you have homeowners, it may cover it (although I doubt it). As for what she should do, you know the answer to that one.

Oh, you can always ask for multiple estimates (or request an estimate from a shop of your choosing) to ensure the "fix isn't in".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">