• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion charge......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kangle63

What is the name of your state? CT

I was arrested in CT for possession of marijuana. The marijuana was in my car under the back seat. Two other individuals where also in the car, and the marijuana was actually the property of one of those individuals. When we were arrested nobody fessed up to whome it actually belonged to, and as a result we were all charged with possession. What I want to know is, if one of us finally does confess to being the rightfull owner of the marijuana can that change anything for the other two of us. Also I want to know how that process would have to be legally performed so that if it does matter, the other two people are off the hook.

Secondly I want to know what the consequences are in the state of CT for being charged with possession of marijuana (roughly 1.5g) for a second time would be. Keeping in mind the first charge came with 32 hours of community service and 8 classes all of which were completed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Kangle63 said:
What is the name of your state? CT

Secondly I want to know what the consequences are in the state of CT for being charged with possession of marijuana (roughly 1.5g) for a second time would be. Keeping in mind the first charge came with 32 hours of community service and 8 classes all of which were completed.

My response:

. . . and no lessons were learned, apparently.

Do your friends refer to you by your nickname, "Dolt"?

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

Ask your attorney these questions.

You obviously didn't learn a lesson from your diversion program, expect a different and more impressive lesson this time.

ADVICE:
Pay attention next time,
Get new friends.
Don't do drugs.

K

Kangle63

Advice.......

Your advice has been very helpfull (not). You have managed to take advantage of somebody's misfortune and turn it into mockery. I did learn my lesson the first time as the marijuana in my car was not my property and there is a good possibility I can have a person or two testify to that. Please give me the advice I asked for.

B

BCBud

To answer your question, YES if somebody confesses to possessing the marijuana and will also testify that the other two of you had no knowledge it was there you can plead NOT GUILTY, have him testify at your trial, and you'll be off the hook. Don't even waste your money on this garbage case if one of your friends is confessing, just let the public defender get you off. If the taxpayers are going to hassel you with this BS let them shoulder your defense too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">