• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Misconduct? Or no?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OldMansChild

i live in florida, something happened to my friend and we highly suspect there are some misconducts on the attorney's part, heres the story:
my friend was scheduled for court with his attorney, on the day, his attorney did not show up, and he automatically lost the case. My friend then contacted the florida bar association, to make a complaint, but the florida bar came back with the decision in favor of the attorney, he was not allowed to sue his attorney either.
im pretty ignorant when it comes to legal matters, by looking at the situation i see that something is not right here, hope someone can help clarify the matter a bit, thanks a lot.

Dandy Don

What type of court case was it and how much was the default judgement for?

What explanation did the attorney give for not showing up?

Did the person have signed contract/agreement with this attorney and how much money was paid to the attorney?

Just because the bar association covered up for this man doesn't mean that he can't be sued.

He is guilty of malpractice, at least.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">