• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Applications Convictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HAL9000

What is the name of your state?TX

Is there a list to consult in regards to when a application ask 5, 7 or ever on felony convictions?

Curious as to how to help someone gain employment.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are looking for. What kind of a list?

Please clarify.

H

HAL9000

TX

Is there a list by state listing what employment applications may ask in that state concerning felony convictions. Some applications ask within the last five years, some within the last seven years and some ask if you have ever been convicted of a felony in your whole life.

My understanding is that the state of California ask only up to seven years while here in Texas the application ask in your whole life.

Will it be required to look up the state codes to find this answer?

H

HAL9000

TX

CBG, would you please tell me the names of the books.

H

HAL9000

Employment Applications

HAL9000 said:
TX

CBG, would you please tell me the names of the books.

Hello CBG,

I asked in a previous session if you could tell me the names of the books.

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, I know you did. And if you'd been willing to wait until I had time to locate them, I might have done so. But since you've chosen to come back and hassle me about it, I'm not interested in providing you with that information.

H

HAL9000

Employment Applications

cbg said:
Yes, I know you did. And if you'd been willing to wait until I had time to locate them, I might have done so. But since you've chosen to come back and hassle me about it, I'm not interested in providing you with that information.

TX

People don't waste you time with any responses that come from CBG.

She has a problem with people asking a question twice.

This will be my last post to this board. If I wanted someone to be rude to me I could go do that standing on a street corner.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm a volunteer here. I don't have any obligation to answer any questions that I don't want to.

I have a life that is not tied to this board. I have a family to care for and a business to run. I can't drop everything because YOU want the names of some books, on a weekend, and find them for you.

THAT'S rude, in my opinion.

Last edited:
S

starchamber

Limit on reporting Criminal Convictions in Texas

If the employer uses a 3rd party (Consumer Reporting Agency) then they can not report past 7 years. However, I am seeking examples where Consumer reporting Agencies have violated this law for a class action suit. Particularly First Advantage Corporation and it's subsidiaries (such as PRSI) and Axicom.

Excerpt of Business and Commerce Code Chapter 20 Section 20.05
(4) a record of arrest, indictment, or conviction of a
crime in which the date of disposition, release, or parole predates
the consumer report by more than seven years;

Full code can be viewed at:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/bc.toc.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">