• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who can put a price on the loss of a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

riej

What is the name of your state?Illinois
my 16 yr old son was killed in an auto accident 10 months ago; he was a backseat passenger in a car driven by a 15 yr old that was not the owner of the vehicle-a different 16 yr old was the owner of the vehicle. the insurance companies of both the driver & the owner have contacted us several times and sent papers for us to sign off & settle. we have never filed a claim & don't intend to & we have not brought an attorney in on anything. We don't want to sue anyone, but we don't want to sign off/settle without having some knowledge of some kind. They want to settle for 100,000.00-the owners insurance has already paid all medical bills which were in excess of 80,000.00. They also want our older children to sign off-is that normal? thanks

rmet4nzkx

I'm sorry for your loss, nothing can replace your child nor can a price be put on thier loss.
I know it is difficult to deal with this at this time and best to speak to a local attorney who can take everything into consideration and advise you or aid in the negotiations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">