• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Backing Up Car Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mhub

What is the name of your state? New York

I was involved in a minor car accident today. I pulled in a 7-11 parking lot and there was no one in the parking lot at all when I pulled into the parking lot so I decided that since it was a hard parking lot to get out of when it becomes full. so as I was pulling forward to go in reverse to back into one of the spots this lady flys into the parking lot and almost hits me in the process. she doesnt stop , dosent even slow down and pulls into the spot next to the one i was backing into, So I stopped for a min to see if she was going to get out of the car in a hurry and she didn't, So I proceeded to back up into the spot and she threw her door open and I hit her car door going maybe 5 miles a hour. She didnt want to call the cops and refused to give me her insurance information because she didnt want to go through the insurance, I belive that I am not liable for this accident or at least not completely at fault because she did open her car door while I was backing up. I called my insurance company anyway not to make a claim but to notifiy them of the accident just in case she decided to try and report her damages. Am I liable? What should I do because she did try to report the accident because my old insurance company called me and told me she filed a claim with them inadvertantly I gave her the wrong insurance card after the accident.

:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">