• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake drivers license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

teacherhopeful

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California - 16 years ago when I was 18, young and foolish, I went to the DMV and got a drivers license under my sister's name but with my fingerprints so that I could get in to nightclubs. When I was 23 I was fingerprinted for a job as a subsitute teacher and nothing came up showing record of that. I am now 34 and getting ready to start subbing again and will get a new fibgerprint scan soon. If for some reason it does come up,what would the charge and penalties be? I am a single mother of a son and would never want to take the chance of losing him. I am getting ready to go back to school to get my credentials and masters to make a career change, but am very afraid of what the repurcussions could be if this might come up on the fingerprint scan. Is there a statute of limitations for something like this? If so, where would I find out more about it?

stephenk

nothing will come of it. a criminal background search done now will not go into the DMV database. Since you have no criminal record (right?), you have nothing to worry about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">