• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting Royalties due on Published work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

illustrator

What is the name of your state? The state I reside in is Michigan
The publishing company is located in New York.

I am the illustrator for a major comic book series which was published in 1995. The pay for the book was to be evenly split amongst the writer and illustrator. The book was quite successful and is currently in print today by the publisher. The company also has a website, which sells the book currently.
I have not received a payout or royalties check from the publication since 1994 when the company was last in contact with me. The company is very successful and would have no problems in paying the amount due to me, however I am having trouble getting a response to any queries for information regarding the sales figures.
What steps should I take to satisfy my delima?

I would appreciate any assistance in sending me in the right direction to getting paid what is still due.

Dandy Don

Do you have a copy of the contract that you signed with this publisher that specifies what the royalty rate was?

Did you have it reviewed by your own attorney before you signed it?

Look in your yellow pages to see if there are any local attorneys in your area that specialize in copyright law and they may be able to handle your case or give you a referral. Please also mention what county you live in in Michigan.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">