• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dazed and confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flaquizzler101

What is the name of your state? Florida :confused:
Okay this may sound weird but my younger cousin told me that in florida if to 16year olds are dating and having sex the older 16 year older can go to jail even if the age difference is by a month is this true because when I was 14 I dated a 15 year old guy (not that im trying to put him away or anything) i just want to know if anything has changed

rmet4nzkx

There are a number of laws that may come into play no matter what state.
There is the age of consent.
There are statutory rape codes where there is a certain age gap and the Victim is less than a certain age.
There are codes re sexual battery or abuse, this may include physical or other forms.
Whereas two 16 year olds in some states, may have consentual sex and not comit a statutory offense, there could be charges relating to sexual abuse or battery and these could be brought by either the victim or someone on their behalf.

JETX

flaquizzler101 said:
when I was 14 I dated a 15 year old guy
There is nothing illegal about a 14 year old DATING a 15 year old. Now if you were/are playing 'hide the salami' or 'ride the golden horse', that is a different story!! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">