• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Teen Driver Insurance Browsing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zionist

What is the name of your state? New York

Hello everyone. I'm 17 years of age, turn 18 on Oct 1, 2004. I'm going away to college in a week in Long Island. My father just purchased an Impala LS 2000 with 75,000 miles. My father has insurance with GEICO and has never had an accident, except for a multi-car pile up in Ohio which wasn't his fault at all. A few cars in back of him had tangled up and rear-ended him on a highway sending him into an overpass wall. A semi-truck was involded and thankfully my dad had minor injuries. He never had points. My father has been a driver with a clean record for almost 23 years, immigratd here 23 years ago.

We currently live in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NY. I have been driving for a good 2 years with my father's Lincoln, a couple of times to Florida and back and periodically to Pennsylvania and back. I've never had an accident, no tickets or points. What can I do to get lowest price for my car's insurance? Its registered to my dad. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:

mrtoledo

Generally you will get the best rate if you are on the same policy as your parents. The best thing you can do is check around to many companies. It is hard to recommend a particular company because every company rates vary widely based upon many factors.

Check with all of the major companies, the independent companies, and you can also check with several internet only companies.

Most of the major insurance companies will give you on-line quotes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">