• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement on road

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

neighboroftheb

What is the name of your state? Missouri
My "neighbor" has an easement of a roadway that runs alongside our property. The private road was owned by someone who recently passed away and was inherited by their family. Part of the road has also cut through property belonging to my family. The part belonging to my family is at the entrance. My understanding is that the easement is inherited by the family of the man who passed away. The easement allows my family, my "neighbor" and others who have property behind ours to use the road. 2 different school districts have also received permission for the school busses to turn around in the road and my "neighbor" has decided to block the roadway on several occasions so that the busses cannot turn around. The busdrivers have called the police on several of these occasions because the children have sat on the bus for almost an hour because my "neighbor" will not move the car out of the way. This year my "neighbor" has developed her newest strategy to upset the neighborhood. My "neighbor" has placed big boulders on the entrance to this private drive to keep the busses from turning around. My "neighbor" thinks that the road is hers because they have the right to use the road as long as they maintain it. I do not think boulders do anything to maintain the condition of the roadway. She also had another confrontation with 2 school busses with children on them. Not only did it upset the busses but it also upset morning traffic. The police were called but they did not respond. Someone from the school district spoke to the neighbor and she moved her car out of the way. She has done other things that I feel are inappropriate in front of the children who are in grades k-6. What can we do legally to keep our neighbor from harrassing the bus drivers, children, and blocking the roadway with the big rocks? Does she have a right to put the rocks on the road?

Last edited:

N

neighboroftheb

where's my advice?

Does anyone have any advice to give me on my neighbor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">