• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inadmissable Heresay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BAK

What is the name of your state? NJ
I work in a school i went to court yesteday because a coworker assaulted me on the job. The school did an investigation and came up with this totally one sided report basically stated they don't believe me. I retained a attorney throu the union and went to court. The attorney told me they cannot use that report in court as the person who wrote it was not called as a witness.
Nevertheless, the other attorney walks up to me in the witness stand with the school report in his hand and my lawyer objects stated the person who wrote it is not present. The judge said he can ask me questions about it. Also the judge seems to already know what was written in the report because he did not ask what it was that he was asking me about or who wrote it. So it seems to me the other guys attorney had already showed it to the judge and he had read it before hand. My question is asking questions about the report inadmissible in court or not? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">