• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

music T-shirts - trademark infringement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobbysgl

I'm planning to start selling T-shirts with my own art designs of famous guitar players and bands like Pink FLoyd, Rush etc. I look at photos in magazines, websites and then make my own caricatures, sketches and concepts. I never pick up anything directly from anywhere and use it as is.

1. Does simply writing the words, DOORS or Pink Floyd in their commonly recognised fonts, alongwith my artwork constitue copyright/trademark infringement?

2. If it is an infringement, then what should I do to make it absolutely legal and hassle free from the big guys?

Thanks in advance

racer72

1. Yes.

2. Contact the copyright holder for each and ask for a copyright waiver package.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">