• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance claim-not covered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

selkins

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?In February 2002, I filled out an Internet form for quotes on auto insurance and subsequently bought one from Hanover-All American Financial. I spoke with an agent and asked for a policy that I legally had to have for the state of Tennessee, but declined towing and rental. About 10 days ago my car was backed into and the man did not have insurance. I filed a claim on my insurance and was told that I did not have correct coverage on my car. Liability only and I am still paying for my car. I have two forms from Hanover that state that I reject Uninsured Motorist and agree to property damage only. I DID NOT sign them, as I knew that I had to have them because I was still paying for my car. I feel that the insurance company used my gullibility to get me to buy their policy. Can you help me?

JETX

selkins said:
Can you help me?
Nope. Simply, you bought the coverage that is shown on your policy.... and don't have any coverage UNLESS it is shown on that policy. The responsibility is on you to understand your policy, especially since you purchased it on the internet, apparently without the benefit of a local agent.

Sorry, but you have no legal right to demand or expect coverage you don't have.... and didn't pay for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">