• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verble Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TJB14

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Alabama

I own a small photography business. I have a verble agreement from the president of a local youth football league to do team pictures this season. The agreement dates back to the end of last season and was confirmed recently that I would get the job. One of the other league members signed a written contract with another photographer to do the team pictures without the league's presidents consent. The league president and I have a good relationship and are trying to work this out. I have two questions.
1 Do I have a legal right to do the job?
2 Would the league or the person who signed the contract be responsible for the contract with the other photographer?

ellencee

If the league has a president, then the league has by-laws (hopefully). What are the league's rules about contracts?

And, as much as I love the way you spelled it, verble is actually spelled, verbal.

EC

T

TJB14

Thanks Ellencee.

As for the spelling, well thats why I'm in the photo business, so I don't have to spell.

ellencee

As for the spelling, well thats why I'm in the photo business, so I don't have to spell.
Creative spelling seems to be contagious on this forum; I've developed a severe case of it, too! :D
Good luck with your contract,
EC

Dandy Don

Verbal contracts are worth NOTHING in any state. Any contract MUST BE IN WRITING so it can be proven what both parties are agreeing to, otherwise it's just your word against his.

When doing future business you need to get a signed agreement.

Does this league member have an official capacity with the team (treasurer, etc.) and has this league member done other business in the past with other companies? League had better pay this bill--if they don't, expect to get it resolved in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">