• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Docket On the Web

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rckstr

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Was wondering if it was legal to post a divorce court docket on a search engine? My brother is going thru a divorce for almost a year now in Ohio, I was messing around on Google to see like I have heard, that if you type in a person's name stuff will come up on that person if there is anything out there, well I decided to type in my brothers name and came across the court docket on his divorce case, I had in a way thought that was illegal, is it or not? Just wondering if that should be out there for all to see, and if it is illegal, what steps can be takin for that information being out there? Would appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks

JETX

Divorce records are public and there is nothing wrong with the court or clerk making them available via the internet.

R

rckstr

Thanks Jetx for your reply and advice, didn't know that and wasn't sure if that was right or not is why I asked, once again thanks for your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">