• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife hit my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toy2000

Wife hit her own car

What is the name of your state? Florida

My wife (driving my car) backed into her own car which caused damage on both cars. We both have the same insurance company but two separate policies. The insurance company is telling me that I have to pay two deductibles. Is this correct? Or shouldn't my wife's insurance policy cover both cars and therefore only pay one insurance deductible (Since only one person is at fault)? Thanks.

Last edited:

stephenk

On whose policy is the claim being made, yours or your wife's? Is each vehicle being repaired under their respective policy?

T

toy2000

I would assume it would be my wife's insurance policy as she was the one driving. (Is this correct?) I told the incident to my insurance company. Right now the insurance company is treating it as two separate cases and therefore stating I have to pay two deductibles. Therefore each one is being repaired under their respective policies. But shouldn't it be my wife's policy paying for the damage on both cars? I tried to question them but I do not know enough on the reason why it should be just her policy. Thanks.

stephenk

dont you talk with your wife?

If you want it under one policy, have your car's repair claim go under her policy #. make sure she is having her car repaired under her own policy also.

Her premium rates will go up though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">