• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

B.K.

What is the name of your state?Ca
I got a violation 5200(a) on my Nissan 300zx while it was parked in my driveway. Isn't my driveway private property? The 300zx never came with accomodation to mount a front License plate. Also the original amount charged on the citation was $50 I received by mail Notice of Amended Citation changing it to $32 is this considered altering.

racer72

The 300zx never came with accomodation to mount a front License plate.
I know for a fact this is not true. Every motor vehicle sold in the US is required to be equipped with provisions for a front license plate.

mrtoledo

racer72 said:
I know for a fact this is not true. Every motor vehicle sold in the US is required to be equipped with provisions for a front license plate.
When I used to live in Ohio (a two plate state), I bought a few used cars from Michigan (1 plate state). When I bought them from a dealer the dealer had to go and get a front license plate frame.

If the cars original destination was a one plate state, it is possible the car never had one installed. (Yes there is a place to install one though)

Happy Trails

**2002 Pontiac Sunfire also didn't have a place to mount. We had to drill holes through the molded piece in front (that was curved) and attach a license plate frame to display.

I though it was odd.

CdwJava

In CA two plates are required for all vehicles, and the CA DMV issues two plates with all new registrations.

SOME cars may not have the mounts attached, but it is the responsibility of the owner to see that the plates are affixed to the vehicle.

Carl

CdwJava

B.K. said:
I got a violation 5200(a) on my Nissan 300zx while it was parked in my driveway. Isn't my driveway private property? The 300zx never came with accomodation to mount a front License plate. Also the original amount charged on the citation was $50 I received by mail Notice of Amended Citation changing it to $32 is this considered altering.
Be thankful the amount is less than originally thought.

And, yes, your driveway IS private property. I would think it odd that they could give you a parking citation in your driveway, but that's an issue you might want to take up with the parking enforcement authority.

However, you are still required to have two plates affixed to the vehicle whether it came with a place to mount it or not. Driving without a front plate is a free invitation to any cop to pull you over. So even if the parking cite was not properly issued, you still need to correct the violation.

Carl

B

B.K.

B.K. said:
Update From BK 1st Thank you all for your replys. I am fighting this. Now the officer is saying car was parked on street I can prove it very easy I was not parked on street. My security camera records my driveway and street. 2 sherrif cars where parked in front of my house. I have a 3 car garage and a 3 car wide driveway. There is not much for parking per house on street and the 2 sherrif cars
where in there. Now it is just the fact that they lied that I will push this all the way to the grave if I have to. I hate a lyer and a thief and when they wear a badge it worse.

Happy Trails

B.K. said:
Update From BK 1st Thank you all for your replys. I am fighting this. Now the officer is saying car was parked on street I can prove it very easy I was not parked on street. My security camera records my driveway and street. 2 sherrif cars where parked in front of my house. I have a 3 car garage and a 3 car wide driveway. There is not much for parking per house on street and the 2 sherrif cars
where in there. Now it is just the fact that they lied that I will push this all the way to the grave if I have to. I hate a lyer and a thief and when they wear a badge it worse.

**That's interesting. Just make sure you don't let them view any part of the tape that may show your car was ever on the street. If it ever was. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">