• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for 2 roaches

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdg65

What is the name of your state?Drug ChargeGeorgia

:mad: I called the police because my live in boyfriend of only 2 months got very drunk and violent with me. At first the officer's were very nice to me. They asked me if I wanted him arrested? I asked them to please just make him sit outside on the porch or in his car to sober up. They agreed. When they were leaving, my "boyfriend" chased them down at the end of my driveway and told them I had drugs in my home. I use to do drugs many years ago, however, have not did any drugs for almost 10 yrs now. They came back into my home and asked to search my house for drugs, I agreed thinking they would'nt find anything. Well, they found 2 pot roaches. I had no idea they were in my home. This so called boyfriend showed them where they were at. That should have told them who they belonged too but it didn't. They arrested me for possesstion and only arrested him for disorderly conduct. Is there anything I can do to defend myself from this embarassing incident? They didn't read me my rights either? Is that legal? They trashed my home like I was some sort of big time dealer. Is that legal? SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO ABOUT THIS! I HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED FOR ANY DRUG CHARGES MY ENTIRE LIFE! PLEASE HELP ME! I AM ON DISABILITY FROM AN EX NEARLY KILLING ME BACK IN 2001 AND I FEEL LIKE A VICTIM WHO KEEPS GETTING VICTIMIZED AGAIN AND AGAIN BY LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Any assistance whould be greatly appreciated.

dequeendistress

You should have been read your rights also during processing you should have signed a statement of Miranda.

Was your boyfriend within the home upon the arrival of the officers at the scene?

thelizzy

Additionally, dear original poster, it sounds as if you have a record of abusive boyfriends.

You've only been with this guy for two months, you're living with him, and he's getting drunk and frightening you so badly that you call the police? And an ex of yours tried to kill you 3 years ago?

You need to seek some professional help for your relationship issues that cause you to keep choosing abusive partners.

M

man-o-man

What he said ........

....... especially when the abusive BF is standing there with a big ****eating grin on his face !!!!!

And ...... if you call the police on somebody ~ press charges. Calling the police and then not letting them do anything, is like cooking dinner and not eating it. If he did things scarry enough to you to make you call the PD then have them do something with him .... like take him away.

CdwJava

jdg65 said:
They didn't read me my rights either? Is that legal?
Miranda must be read only AFTER they arrest you AND if they question you about the crime. Not reading you your rights after they slap the cuffs on you is perfectly legal.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">