• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Degrading/humiliation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sxzysusie

What is the name of your state? OREGON
IF SOMEONE GETS AHOLD OF YOUR PICTURE AND PRIVATE PERSONAL CRIMINAL INFORMATION THEN DISTRIBUTES IT TO ABOUT 100 OF YOUR NEIGHBORS MAILBOXES WITHOUT IT BEING AUTHORIZED TO TOUCH PEOPLES MAILBOXES, IS THAT A FEDERAL CRIME?

dequeendistress

Sounds like a landlord was "warning" other tenants of past criminal history. More clarification would be needed in regard to what "personal and private" information was disclosed and the manner in which this was done.

P.S. Please don't type in all caps.

enjay

Your criminal record is not private information. However:

18 U.S.C. 1725 states:

"Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits any mailable matter such as
statements of accounts, circulars, sale bills, or other like matter,
on which no postage has been paid, in any letter box established,
approved, or accepted by the Postal Service for the receipt or
delivery of mail matter on any mail route with intent to avoid payment
of lawful postage thereon, shall for each such offense be fined under
this title"

S

sxzysusie

homeguru

oregon
1st dequeendistress,Sorry for all caps by the way 2nd for homeguru, sorry, i did not realize i was in the real estate section, but no it had nothing to do with rental, lanlord, tenant issues at all it was just a neighbor problem, and the charge was a pcs 5 yrs ago nothing that has anything to do with today,3rd enjay thank you for law info of postal distribution :eek:

HomeGuru

dequeendistress said:
Well that would depend on if the flyer was placed inside the mail receptacle. :D

**A: it would appear from the writer's vague and confusing all capital letters post, that the flyer was placed inside the mailbox.

S

sxzysusie

HomeGuru said:
**A: it would appear from the writer's vague and confusing all capital letters post, that the flyer was placed inside the mailbox.
What's the problem with all caps? Why am i confused because i like to use capitol letters, besides it gets peoples attention and yes the flyer was put iside the mailboxes with no postage or approval. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">