• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BaSICCally

What is the name of your state?Washington

The situation I am in is that I was terminated from my job for "stealing" at a grocery store which I worked at. I did not take any item off the shelf or money for that matter. I basically manipulated the system. So I was terminated and forced to pay much more then I "stole" or admited to.

So the question is can I or would it be worth for me to take this civil suit to small claims court?

Beth3

I basically manipulated the system. Which means what? Barring further information, I interpret this as meaning you engaged in some sort of inappropriate behavior that was tantamount to stealing and you thought you could sneak under the wire on a technicality.

So the question is can I or would it be worth for me to take this civil suit to small claims court? Take what to court? Being terminated or being required to pay restitution?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">