• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Absolutely crapping it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Woops

Birmingham

Ok, heres the deal. Just stepped outta a hardware store.
- Got into van
- Put on seat belt
- Turned on ignition
- Selected reverse gear.
- Checked both mirrors, but on manoover, payed particular attention to drivers side mirror and began to very steadily reverse
- Looked again in the Left mirror on collision
- Drove forward into original parking space
- Got out and looked at car. No visible damage to the area which I suspected that both vehicles made contact.
- A man drives passed and says something, but didn’t understand what he was saying.
- Just in case, waited approximately 5 minutes for owner of car to appear, and realised i either craked the paint or the actualy bumper. Secirity cameras in the carpark could support all of my actions.
- Once realising that this may take some time, I took details of the car in question and came home and immediately began writing a report in fear that I may had done some damage to the vehicle.

Now im at the point where i dont know whether to ge tin touch with the insurance company, or to wait, and if something does turn up, then ui can say, well ive writtena reoport and so on...
or do you think i sould go back oto the hardware store and ask if theve had any complaints of a car park incidednt or anything?
I really dont know whatto do here...

oh yeah, im 18, been driving for less than a year, and had no convictions, speeding tickets points, no nothing.

Last edited:

W

Woops

Well...

Well actually, im from Birmingham, England. I thought id post a thread and see what you guys in America would do.

JETX

Woops said:
Well actually, im from Birmingham, England. I thought id post a thread and see what you guys in America would do.
We wouldn't drive in England as your laws are different than ours. (Actually, I have driven in England several times!).
For example, if what you described happened here in the US, our laws allow any passerby to yank the bloody driver from his vehicle and beat the hell out of him (of course, then he really would be a bloody driver!!). At the same time, all the spectators get to hurl epithets at him, including words like 'wanker', 'poofter', 'berk', 'bugger', 'pillock', etc. and can even toss in a good 'boot kick' or two as they pass.
Then, after everyone has had fun, the owner of the vehicle (if a male) gets to screw his wife and daughter.
That is why you will never see what you describe happen in the US.

L

LaraC

LOL ... nobody in the U.S. even knows what those words mean, never mind using them !

Woops, I hope you realize that they're pulling your leg ... :eek: :D

Last edited:

JETX

LaraC said:
LOL ... nobody in the U.S. even knows what those words mean, never mind using them !
I don't know.... I drove from London, to Bath and up the western coast, across to Aberdeen, then back down to London.... and heard a LOT of those words!! Usually from louts driving lorry's.

L

LaraC

But you heard them there, not here. It would be a real hoot if I heard somebody call someone a "wanker" here (U.S.) ! :D

JETX

LaraC said:
But you heard them there, not here. It would be a real hoot if I heard somebody call someone a "wanker" here (U.S.) ! :D
I have several Brit friends and you would be surprised some of the sayings that they have..... I got a big chuckle when I first heard of them tell a bird that he would 'knock her up'!!

L

LaraC

Don't forget the British definition of "fanny", which is, er, substantially different than the American definition ... :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">