• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

llc buy out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlkelly

Michigan

I am leaving my employer to start my own business. I own 10% of the llc for our facility. I am on the mortgage for $300,000 and the property is worth $600,000. I never signed an operating agreement but signed the llc papers and I also recieve a K1 form at tax time. What are my legal options. I didn't put my own money into the project rather all of the sweat equity.

Also I recieve a K1 for our corp. I was given a document signed by the owner stating I was to take over in the event of his illness or death. I would also recieve 1% of stock per year starting feb 1st 1998. He also states he can refuse my right to sell it. The problem is I never signed it it was given to be signed by him. The company business volume is about 1.2 mil per year. I was given all of this because the business was very small when I started and I built it up over 7 years. However he has failed to own up to his end over the last few years. What do I do? Walk away or pursue my "share".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">