• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husband said to give a bag to a guy it was a cop and now im facing 50 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Helpme2004

I live in chicago and i have a delima i was living with my husband and we were watching tv in the living room, door bell rings he tells me its its friend here to pick up some clothes i go to the door give the guy a bad he give me a brown bag i close the door and give it to my husband 5 seconds later police break my door down and i get arrested for sale of herion i didnt even know there were drugs in there if i never even knew he was this drug dealer he appears to be. i have am seperated since he wont admit it was his. I am out on $35000 bond of my dads own money and i dont know what to do...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Helpme2004 said:
I live in chicago and i have a delima i was living with my husband and we were watching tv in the living room, door bell rings he tells me its its friend here to pick up some clothes i go to the door give the guy a bad he give me a brown bag i close the door and give it to my husband 5 seconds later police break my door down and i get arrested for sale of herion i didnt even know there were drugs in there if i never even knew he was this drug dealer he appears to be. i have am seperated since he wont admit it was his. I am out on $35000 bond of my dads own money and i dont know what to do...

My response:

Yeah, as if this was your first time with drugs, and that you never knew that your husband was selling. Oh, yeah, I believe that.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Helpme2004

Thank you

For the record I DO NOT have a record. Never even had a parking ticket. Been married to my husband for 3 months known him for a year prior. I am not a drug user nor have i ever been. I want to thank you for your response of negitive feedback and want you to know that the time you took making the reply was wasted.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Helpme2004 said:
For the record I DO NOT have a record.

MY RESPONSE: Excuse me, but yes you do - - now.

Never even had a parking ticket.

MY RESPONSE: You "wish" that's all this was.

Been married to my husband for 3 months known him for a year prior.

MY RESPONSE: Well, I guess you didn't know him too well, did you? And everyone you knew said, "Why rush into marriage. Get to know him better." But, did you listen? This is what you get.

I am not a drug user nor have i ever been.

MY RESPONSE: I didn't say, "drug user". I said, "seller". "Dealer". "Coyote". Whatever it's called nowadays. But, it all amounts to the same thing. You're going to prison,.

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

Helpme2004 said:

This has to be the stupidest post I have read on this forum. What a shame for your father.

H

Helpme2004

Thank you all

I never worried about my where his income came because he had won a law suit against the city for being abused and beaten by the police. I met him at city hall where i work as a keeper of deeds. he won an undislosed amont of money. It was on the news and all so i doubted the money was drug money. IAAL you wasted your time again.. thank you. you know how they say opinions are ..everyone has one it doesn mean that they are worth anything. IAAL that applies to you 100%. My lawyer said that due to the nature of whats going on if i flip over my soon to be exhusband for them there is a chance i wont do any time. Will keep you posted. If i get out im going to open a site for real free legal advice not one plagued by ....

rmet4nzkx

Stay tuned to America's Most Wanted..................
If you had told him to get his sorry ... off the sofa, get the door himself and give the bag of clothes to his friend where would you be?

Happy Trails

rmet4nzkx said:
Stay tuned to America's Most Wanted..................
If you had told him to get his sorry A$$ off the sofa, get the door himself and give the bag of clothes to his friend where would you be?
**Yeah, but if he gets his a$$ off the couch, he might grab the wrong pants that have a bag of weed or something in it. You know that he had no idea was in there.

J

JPJPJP

you have yet to give any advice worth having, if you would have READ my post you would not ask dumb questions, you sound like one of those deprived kids and trying to figure out a way to get back at the world........dont get mad and take an hour to reply because I do have a real job and a life

Shay-Pari'e

--PARIDISE--
Member Join Date: Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJPJP
What is the name of your state?TN
ok, I am currently on state probation, for poss w/intent, perfect probation history until now......long story short....my wife was walking the dog at 9:30 and some "corner bums,junkies?" start chasing her and trying to steal her puppy, she runs in the house out of breath and scared to death, so I go out in a hurry putting on pants that belong to my roomate, I end up kicking this guys butt and so when the cop gets there he pats us down and finds a 1/4 bag in my pocket, he writes me a misdeminor citation.....now my roomate is trying to figure out how he can help clear my name, and take credit for his actions.

I beg to differ, these are your actions. You clearly need to understand "Posession", it was found on YOUR PERSON, not in his jeans.
he new I didnt agree with being anywhere around that S#$ or it being in my house..... Then you should have watched your house a little better.

but I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO B4 I GET VIOLATED..... No one violated you, you were caught in posession.

Please no time for B.S. Help if you can....

There you have it, bottom line, you cannot use that as a defense.

You got your answer,and I did not ask you any question's.__________________

Shay-Pari'e

...dont get mad and take an hour to reply because I do have a real job and a life[/QUOTE] Gee, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was being paid to reply to you. So your going to work now? Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">