• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reimbursement of $500 Deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Erin_K

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GA

I was not at fault in the accident, but the other party’s insurance company provided me an unfair price for my total loss. I went back to my own company and they paid a reasonable reimbursement. However, I need to pay this $500 Deductible according to my own policy. By law, do I have the right to get this money from that at-fault insurance company? Do I have the right to go to small claim court for this $500? I am a poor student and $500 is a lot.

lollie00

I had the same thing happen to me. a year ago i was in a car accident. my insurance company then said i still had to pay the deductible even though it was not my fault. i felt it was unfair so the agent said we would get it back. I haven't heard anything since. I still haven't gotten paid for the work that I missed, my medical bills or the deductible and it's been a year this month. the only thing i have gotten was the money for a new car. I am still pushing the other insurance company to pay up but he seems to ignore my calls or he's too busy. my thoughts now is should i get a lawyer now to hurry this up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">