• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are the contents mine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

winegirl

Pennsylvania

Last September 2003 my Grandfather, whom for the last 5 months of his life I was living with and taking care of, died. My aunt from Florida was executor. Myself, my sister(resides in California), my uncle(resides local), and my aunt were named as heirs of the estate. All heirs agreed to go through the house and take what they wanted and they did. I purchased the home from the estate in November 2003 (paid full asking price to the estate account). Deed offically in my name March 2004. The home was never cleaned out. The estate was settled in June 2004. My mother who was not an heir said she is going to hire a lawyer so that all contents left in the home be sold at auction and if anything is missing or was sold must be reinbursed by myself. In the estate the contents of the home where never itemized they were only estimated at a value of $3500. My family has since become estranged from each other and I am not sure whom to trust. Since the estate is settled and the home is mine do all the contents left in the home belong to me and am I able to clean out the home and get on with my life? Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">