• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner gave permissive use of boat and trailer, but is now trying to sue, Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Danguini

Happened in California. My boss and I were taking his boat out one weekend when he insisted that I back the boat in and park it. I refused several times before I finally did it. (He did not want to launch the boat because he doubts his ability and would rather it happen to anyone but him). Anyway, so I launch the boat, but as I am parking the trailer and truck, I drag the trailer against a truck parked in the lot. Only minor damages occur and the owner of the parked truck asked me to pay for a damaged part. Since that was it and the part only cost ~$50, I did it happily.

Drama begins here.... So my boss looks at the fender of his boat trailer and says, "no big deal", but the next day at work he said that he looked at it again and there was more damage than he thought. So I go and look at it and there are only minor damages not to the extent that he was talking.

->So my boss says he wants me to pay to have it fixed and that he is going to get it appraised at a body shop. He says that if I don't pay it than he will turn it into his insurance company and the will come after me. I only have the lowest form of liability on my car (car and insurance registered in TN, I am a 6 month temp). Can he come after me or is it covered through his trailer insurance? Thank you so much..........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">