• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if the other driver lies about the accident? Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

docaj

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I was rear-ended a month ago on a highway. It was a raining day. The teenager driver admitted his fault at the scene. A patrol police car stopped by, but the officers suggested us NOT to file a police report because the damage was minor and liability was obvious.

I called his insurance company on the same day. Two weeks later they called back and denied my claim (damage < $500). They said the teenager driver told them that I backed into his car. Although they admitted that it would be unusual that someone backs on a highway, but it was still possible.

Without a police report or witness, what is my option now? I do not have collision coverage so my insurance compnay will not fight for me. Can I sue him on small claim court without any hard evidence? Thank you!

I

iggypop

Lies about getting rear-ended

State=Washington

Have you found out anything about this?
I'm in a similar situation. Except that I have a witness. I was parallel parking and a woman hit me, and imediately claimed to the police that I backed into her even though I wasn't even moving. I wonder if this is a common thing to do. But like I said, I have a witness, and she saw me not moving. So what I'm wondering now is if she can get into trouble for lying to the police and delaying the investigation, making a false insurance claim, etc. How can I make sure she gets into trouble?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">