• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defending your family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JPJPJP

What is the name of your state?TN
ok, I am currently on state probation, for poss w/intent, perfect probation history until now......long story short....my wife was walking the dog at 9:30 and some "corner bums,junkies?" start chasing her and trying to steal her puppy, she runs in the house out of breath and scared to death, so I go out in a hurry putting on pants that belong to my roomate, I end up kicking this guys butt and so when the cop gets there he pats us down and finds a 1/4 bag in my pocket, he writes me a misdeminor citation.....now my roomate is trying to figure out how he can help clear my name, and take credit for his actions. he new I didnt agree with being anywhere around that S#$ or it being in my house.....but I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO B4 I GET VIOLATED.....Please no time for B.S. Help if you can....

racer72

You had possession and control over an illegal substance. That meets the definition of possession of a controlled substance. Actual ownership of the stuff is of no consequence. Next time make sure you are putting on your own drawers.

Shay-Pari'e

JPJPJP said:
ok, I am currently on state probation, for poss w/intent, perfect probation history until now......long story short....my wife was walking the dog at 9:30 and some "corner bums,junkies?" start chasing her and trying to steal her puppy, she runs in the house out of breath and scared to death, so I go out in a hurry putting on pants that belong to my roomate, I end up kicking this guys butt and so when the cop gets there he pats us down and finds a 1/4 bag in my pocket, he writes me a misdeminor citation.....now my roomate is trying to figure out how he can help clear my name, and take credit for his actions.

I beg to differ, these are your actions. You clearly need to understand "Posession", it was found on YOUR PERSON, not in his jeans.

he new I didnt agree with being anywhere around that S#$ or it being in my house..... Then you should have watched your house a little better.

but I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO B4 I GET VIOLATED..... No one violated you, you were caught in posession.

Please no time for B.S. Help if you can....
There you have it, bottom line, you cannot use that as a defense.

J

JPJPJP

so if you go out to eat and pick up the wrong coat or somthing like that then oh well right......if you were in the same situation and your wife would have looked like mine did I seriously doubt your going to take the time to see what or whose pants your putting on

Happy Trails

JPJPJP said:
ok, I am currently on state probation, for poss w/intent, perfect probation history until now......long story short....my wife was walking the dog at 9:30 and some "corner bums,junkies?" start chasing her and trying to steal her puppy, she runs in the house out of breath and scared to death, so I go out in a hurry putting on pants that belong to my roomate, I end up kicking this guys butt and so when the cop gets there he pats us down and finds a 1/4 bag in my pocket, he writes me a misdeminor citation.....now my roomate is trying to figure out how he can help clear my name, and take credit for his actions. he new I didnt agree with being anywhere around that S#$ or it being in my house.....but I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO B4 I GET VIOLATED.....Please no time for B.S. Help if you can....
**What were you and your roommate both doing out of your pants when your wife was out walking the dog?

CdwJava

How were your friend's pants in your room?

And what does your attorney say? Is he overjoyed that the friend will take ownership? Or does it seem that it won't make a difference?

If you have a drug history, then I can see why they might not buy the tale.

But, from the cop perspective, you wanna take a wild guess as to how many times I hear the line, "These aren't my pants," or, "This isn't my jacket"? So, yeah, we don't believe it. Maybe because none of us have ever accidentally put on someone else's clothes.

A jacket? Maybe. But pants? How in the world does a friend's pants get on your floor or in your drawer? What's he doing dropping his drawers in your room?

Carl

Shay-Pari'e

I got your pm, and I would rather keep things on the forum, where others can add if they choose.

CDWJ is a police officer, so you are getting a better insight. It is just not a defense.

Shay-Pari'e

JPJPJP said:
so if you go out to eat and pick up the wrong coat or somthing like that then oh well right......if you were in the same situation and your wife would have looked like mine did I seriously doubt your going to take the time to see what or whose pants your putting on

Now your getting off track. They wanted the puppy, not your wife.

Happy Trails

JPJPJP said:
He was'nt even home
**O.K. But that still doesn't answer the question. Why you were running around the house at 9:30 with your pants off? Did you forget where yours were? Why were your friends pants more convenient to grab than you own?

DerbyGirl

Aren't you supposed to refrain from associating with people who do drugs while on probation? Of course I could be wrong...though I don't think they encourage it while on probation.
What if your probation officer had come to your house and found the drugs there?

Be careful of the company you keep...

DG

J

JPJPJP

--PARIDISE-- said:
Don't forget, it was a perfect fit. ":rolleyes:"

I moved from san bernadino a few years back I know how you san fran fags work, And I don't want to know how "anything fits", I'm not a fag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">