• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist cover-up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kj4700

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
Hi there,

I hope someone here can help me... Last week I had my two lower front teeth removed and a week later the pain was still there. I checked my gums and noticed something hard which I thought was part of one of the teeth that was pulled. i went back to the dentist and was told it was bone, which Im guessing part of the jaw bone but I dont think so. I think the dentist just told me that to make the dentist that pulled my teeth not look bad... The second dentist used the drill to grind down the hard surface but I still feel pain and my inside gum when I touch it with my tongue feels like part of the tooth is still there.

My question is... if its part of the tooth still in there and he only grinded it down what will happen in years to come... will the tooth rot and cause me major problems and surgery down the road or will it be OK...

I really appreciate any feed back on this...

Thanks,

vrzirn

Look at the x-rays. Be patient. Time will tell.
Take a couple of tylenol and rinse with salt water or peroxide. Good luck.

K

kj4700

No X-Rays

Thanks the kicker... no x-rays were taken... even after I asked him to take x-rays. At one time he said he would take x-rays and then he looked into my mouth, walked away for a while and came back and said he was sure it was just bone coming through my gum.

If the pain goes away and 3 years down the road things start hurting what will happen then.

Will the tooth rot and cause problems during now and when ever....

Thanks,

K

kj4700

Complication

Hi vrzirn,

I thank you for your replies but I was wondering if this dentist did know it was a tooth and left it in just to cover up the mistate of the dentist that pulled the tooth if any complications would come down the road... would having part of a tooth left cause any type of complications in the futrue.

The pain is not nearly as bad so that is good but I am worried about what will happen in a year or two if in deed that dentist did leave part of the tooth.

Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">