• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no bodily injury please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diamond80

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?FL
This happened two years ago and last year I received a letter from the DMV saying that I had to pay 600.00 and bring my SR-22 or get my license suspended. I paid and showed my SR-22 with my bodily injury that I purchased after the accident when I found out that I didn't have it and what it was. I thought that it took care of it. However, begining of this year I received a phone call from a "lawyer"(collection agency) saying that I had to pay for their medical bills. When me and my mother told him that FL is a no fault state, he hung up on us, and I never heard anything from him after that. I also recieved a letter from the DMV in April of this year saying that no legal actions have been taken and if none were taken in 60 days then I would get my money back. Well, in 60 days I recieved my money back. So I thought again that it was finished, however I received a lawyer's business card in my door while I was out of town. I'm sure it has to do with this incident, and I wanted to know what exactly the laws are. Are there any statue of limitations?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">