• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online car purchase...(not ebay)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

XCEL19

What is the name of your state? New York.

Over 2 months ago I used a popular internet website to purchase a car. I was told that the specific car I wanted was not available but it could be factory ordered. I gave my credit card info to order the vehicle and was given an approximate time of delivery. A week from the deadline I contacted my sales rep via email to cancel the order because I was interested in another car. I had been dealing with the same person for 3 months and there was no discussion of estimates of delivery, financing options, or vin #. The sales rep advised me that a factory order cannot be cancelled. My credit card still hasn't been charged and today I received another order confirmation with a price that is higher than what I initially agreed to. Legally, do I still have to purchase this vehicle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">