• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

whose fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maabbas

What is the name of your state?georgia

I was on the left lane the traffic light was green and i was going under the posted speed limit when i came near the crossing a standing car on the left turning lane without giving any indication come in front of me. I press the break padal hard my car skid and smash into right lane car. Thanks God nobody hurt. Police come i explaind every thing but still got ticket. the car which was standing in left lane was brand new and did not had car tag and they leave the scene at the same time when accident happend.

so, some body can help whose fault is this can i go to court or just pay my ticket and some extra insurance premium

rmet4nzkx

It is not clear exactly what happened the way you explained it here and so the police would has isues a ticket because it was clear you hit the car in the right lane no matter the reason you have for that happening and the unidentified car in the left turn lane may not have been the cause either, you may have been driving too fast for the conditions. If you can't explain it better in court or have a witness, it may be difficult to fight. you might want to see if you are eligible for traffic school, your insurance will rise because you caused an accident.

maabbas

rmet4nzkx said:
It is not clear exactly what happened the way you explained it here and so the police would has isues a ticket because it was clear you hit the car in the right lane no matter the reason you have for that happening and the unidentified car in the left turn lane may not have been the cause either, you may have been driving too fast for the conditions. If you can't explain it better in court or have a witness, it may be difficult to fight. you might want to see if you are eligible for traffic school, your insurance will rise because you caused an accident.
i was going b/w 40-45 miles an hour, i was or any body thinking that they going to make left turn becuse they on the turning lane but i think they want to go streight, without seeing any thing or giving any signal they just come to my lane when i was almost few foot away. I had two option hit that car from behind or just break hard so i choose option two. i m experinced driver since 14 years of my age and had never single accident. this is the first one in my life. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">