• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GOMER_PYLE

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

My sister is growing marijuana on our parent's property. If she gets caught growing on our parent's property but they know absolutely nothing about what is going on, will they go down with her? Hell, they haven't even been on this property in 2 years and she's the only one that ever goes out there. She also pays the electric bills. The property is over 10 miles away from our parent's house and place of business. I would think that she could take the blame and leave them completely out of it but please let me know how this works. I just don't want my parents to have to pay for her stupidity. Thanks,
Gomer

Oops, I forgot to add that she's an adult and is not under their care or supervision.

HomeGuru

GOMER_PYLE said:
What is the name of your state? New Mexico

My sister is growing marijuana on our parent's property. If she gets caught growing on our parent's property but they know absolutely nothing about what is going on, will they go down with her?

**A: Not likely, but under state and federal forfeiture laws the parents may lose the property.
Hell, they haven't even been on this property in 2 years and she's the only one that ever goes out there. She also pays the electric bills. The property is over 10 miles away from our parent's house and place of business. I would think that she could take the blame and leave them completely out of it but please let me know how this works. I just don't want my parents to have to pay for her stupidity. Thanks,
Gomer

Oops, I forgot to add that she's an adult and is not under their care or supervision.
**A: let your parentns know so they or you can confront her or call the cops and report it.

G

GOMER_PYLE

I want to let them know and get her to stop but I'm not sure how to do it without her hating my guts. I love her but she needs to stop this. Maybe I'll just tell her that our parents know and they're going to do something about it. Thanks for letting me know that they won't do any jail time. I doubt they would be terribly sad if they lost the property but my sister still needs to stop this.

dequeendistress

((just wondering how it is that YOU know...) If you even thought, and I will assume you did since you asked, that your parents would somehow catch charges from this act, HOW could you NOT tell them. Stating that you don't want your hoochie sister mad at you is a lame excuse.

G

GOMER_PYLE

She got a strange package in the mail from Amsterdam or somewhere like that and I opened it. To my suprise, I found marijuana seeds in it. The package had her name on it so I put two and two together after I found out where she was going every day. I also noticed that she has been borrowing our pick-up to go and buy bags of soil. I haven't seen her growing it but I'm sure she is. The reason I haven't told my parents is that I don't have proof that she is doing it. I have reason to believe that she is because of the seeds, soil, and trips to my parents' property, but not proof.

Ummonx

chances are the deer will eat them before they ever bloom. all she will have are happy deer with the munchies.

G

GOMER_PYLE

Lol, no I don't reside with her. I just visit a lot and decided to snoop through her mail one day. I know that is wrong but it may have ended up saving her from jail time and wrecking her family. I was just curious if my parents would be punished or not, that's all. I hope she wasn't stupid enough to plant them outside because hikers and hunters walk all over that property during the year. Hopefully the dear will get them before a human does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">