• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on Alternative Punishment Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GBjuvenile

Out of Trouble For Good

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have recently been given a citation for my fourth underage drinking offense. So far, I have managed to keep my license from suspension but I'm afraid I won't be getting anymore breaks. I'm now voluntarily seeing a drug & alcohol counselor, going to AA meetings, and get good grades. I need my license for school, my job (to pay off the fines & save for college), and to continue counseling. I was wondering if there is any hope in trying to keep my license by suggesting a different kind of punishment as in community service, parole, or even jail time. My father had suggested trying to see if they would suspend it for six months and have a chance for reinstatement if I have good grades and continue counseling. Could any of this possibly work or is there anything you could suggest? Please help me. :(

Last edited:

Happy Trails

GBjuvenile said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have recently been given a citation for my fourth underage drinking offense. So far, I have managed to keep my license from suspension but I'm afraid I won't be getting anymore breaks. I'm now voluntarily seeing a drug & alcohol counselor, going to AA meetings, and get good grades. I need my license for school, my job (to pay off the fines & save for college), and to continue counseling. I was wondering if there is any hope in trying to keep my license by suggesting a different kind of punishment as in community service, parole, or even jail time. My father had suggested trying to see if they would suspend it for six months and have a chance for reinstatement if I have good grades and continue counseling. Could any of this possibly work or is there anything you could suggest? Please help me. :(
**I'm sorry you maybe right that they won't be giving you any more breaks. You have to look at what they are seeing. They gave you choices to better yourself and understand that what you did was wrong.

**But their actions seem to be in vain, since you continue this behavior.

ptlmejo

I find it interesting that you're more worried about the license suspension than the $739.00 fine.

The statue allows for a $500-$1000 fine and/or license suspension/work program.

They may allow you do substitue a TON of community service in lieu of the suspension, but I seriously doubt it...especially if you got this in a larger city/county.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm curious why you feel you deserve another chance after screwing up each of the three times you got one?

GBjuvenile

Went to Court

I just went to court for my fourth offense and kept my license. I also got my fine reduced from $670 to $164. I just have to get a C or above in all of my classes for my senior year and not get anymore citations for nine months. All I did was write a letter to him about my alcoholism. :p

HomeGuru

GBjuvenile said:
I just went to court for my fourth offense and kept my license. I also got my fine reduced from $670 to $164. I just have to get a C or above in all of my classes for my senior year and not get anymore citations for nine months. All I did was write a letter to him about my alcoholism. :p

**A: that's just great. Why not raise the bar and get all A's and B's. And stop drinking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">