• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two insurance policies at the same time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gobluecub

What is the name of your state? Michigan (No Fault State).

Hi there,

Ok here is the deal. I have a friend who just moved into a new home, and they were switching auto insurances, when they got into an accident. The accident was the other drivers fault, they got the ticket. The thing is that they have 2 auto insurance companys at the same time. They wanted to know what their options were, can they claim the accident on both? They both were paid, and current at the time of the accident. Their were no injuries just damage to the vehicle. Please help me give them their options.

Thank you for your time.

J.M.

Happy Trails

gobluecub said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan (No Fault State).

Hi there,

Ok here is the deal. I have a friend who just moved into a new home, and they were switching auto insurances, when they got into an accident. The accident was the other drivers fault, they got the ticket. The thing is that they have 2 auto insurance companys at the same time. They wanted to know what their options were, can they claim the accident on both? They both were paid, and current at the time of the accident. Their were no injuries just damage to the vehicle. Please help me give them their options.

Thank you for your time.

J.M.
**Do each of the insurance companies know about the other?

**If so, what did they say when your friend asked them?

G

gobluecub

No they don't know about each other that's why they are wondering what to do. I know it's weird, and probably happens like 1 in a million, but thats why they are curious as to what they should do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">