• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is motion to vacate judgement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raverc086

What is the name of your state? Illinois.

Hi I won a judgement against someone i did work for that did not pay me. the court set a trial date and the defendant did not show up so the judge placed a judgement against him. now i went to the court house the next day to get all the forms to file a citation to discover assets, wage deduction summons, a non wage garnishment summons, and a turn over order. today i received a motion to vacate judgement in the mail that the defendant filed. i would like to know if this guy has a chance to have the judgement vacated and also would like to know if i should follow through with the citation to discover assets along with any of the other summons? this guy owns a hosue that i worked on that he didn't pay me in full for, he stiffed me out of $1400.00. he is of muslim decent as well. He owns a Mobil gas station and other properties. thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

BL

He would have to have a really good reason for the Judge to grant his Motion to set aside the Judgment . I doubt that will happen.
Let the Judge make his ruling On the Motion to Vacate then go from there .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">