• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

epidural problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristiemhw

:( What is the name of your state?texas

i had an epidural 2 years ago while giving birth , my back has been messed up since then. i have had cronic back pain for 2 years now, is there anything i can do legally?

first off i was never told that i would have problems with my back the rest of my life. if so i wouldnt have done it. second the guy that gave it to me was a jerk and most important the epidural never took it was given to me atleast 30 mins if not more before i gave birth. it never worked. i ended up having my son natrual. right now om down on my back for a sciatica nerve. and i asked the nurse that tended to m at the hosiptal if it could be from the epidural and she told us that there were good chances but she couldnt say for sure .

Last edited:

ellencee

You did not provide enough information for anyone to make an educated guess about your circumstances.

You would have to prove that the epidural was performed in a negligent manner and that you received significant damages that would translate into a multi-thousand dollar monetary award in order to even pay for a medmal suit. The statute of limitations may have already run out as it has been two years; if so, you are forever barred from bringing a lawsuit in this matter.

Check with a local medmal attorney about the statute of limitations and the merits of your complaint(s).

EC

The doctor tells you your going to have back pain the rest of your life from the epid

People who get epidurals have back pain for the rest of their life in some kind of terms. My wife has had 3 epidurals and complains about back pain ever since. But the doctors told her that she would probably have some back pain for the rest of her life from the epidurals. You need to put more info on your post so people like Ellencee can help you more. I can only tell you what the doctor told my wife when she was having our kids and getting the epidurals. Good luck with what ever you do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">