• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer lies and no fault benefits denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HBny

What is the name of your state? NY

I returned to work from surgery from an MVA on FMLA, Later that day i was terminated. I applied for no fault loss of income benefits.My application was turned down due to the statement my employer made that I resigned and was not fired. Of course I contested the employmenmt determination and a hearing was held with an ALJ.The ruling was in my favor i was fired etc. In the meantime my insurace company quickley closed the case ; I wrote to the State Department of Insurance and recieved back from them only what had occured.Can I sue my ex-employer in small claims court for the 2000 a month loss of income provision in the insurance policy based on LIBLE as i have the notes of disability and the ALJ findings as well as a copy of the statement my former employer issued over the phone to the automobile insurance company that i walked in and resigned.Or must this be arbitrated at he end of the lawsuit.

Last edited:

H

HBny

ShyCat said:
Maybe because your questions have nothing to do with "Auto Accidents and Vehicle Claims".
Read Again it has everytthing do to with no fault auto insurance

Suing an ex-employer in regards to lost income has nothing to do with automobile insurance. You want to sue them for giving false information to your auto insurance company, great, but that still has nothing to do with the auto accident itself. If you were asking how to approach the auto insurance company about re-opening your claim due to new information, then it would be relevant in this forum.

Try the Employment Law forum; the advisers that hang out there will be better able to answer your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">