• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicated question regarding state potentially buying land for interstate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Warped

What is the name of your state? VA

This is kind of hard to explain so please bear with me. :)

I live in close proximity to an on-ramp for an interstate highway (I-64). This is a "clover leaf" type of on-ramp. The state improved I-64 and the interchange that I live by when they installed HOV lanes about 8 or 9 years ago but they did not install an exit ramp for the East bound lanes. I doubt that they will install such a ramp because not only would they need to acquire my 2 properties but 6 or 7 others and they would have to cut into two city streets causing two dead ends.

I'd just like to know if they do intend to install the exit ramp in the future to save myself the labor of major improvements to the properties that I own. Is there an accepted way to find out what the state's plans are regarding future expansion of this interchange? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

HomeGuru

Warped said:
What is the name of your state? VA

This is kind of hard to explain so please bear with me. :)

I live in close proximity to an on-ramp for an interstate highway (I-64). This is a "clover leaf" type of on-ramp. The state improved I-64 and the interchange that I live by when they installed HOV lanes about 8 or 9 years ago but they did not install an exit ramp for the East bound lanes. I doubt that they will install such a ramp because not only would they need to acquire my 2 properties but 6 or 7 others and they would have to cut into two city streets causing two dead ends.

I'd just like to know if they do intend to install the exit ramp in the future to save myself the labor of major improvements to the properties that I own. Is there an accepted way to find out what the state's plans are regarding future expansion of this interchange? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
**A: yes. It is acceptable to call and ask them or even send a nice request for information letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">