• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

use of mp3 samples for personal resale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Scot E

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have been making mp3 samples of vinyls I sell/trade for the past 5+ years and linking them on eBay and my website when I sell them.

I recently came across some issues with our new web host - below is a portion of the email that was sent

Hello,

Our system administrator is noticed presence of mp3 content on your site. Please confirm that you have rights to distribute such content for public use or remove mp3's asap. Thank you so much for cooperation.​

I thought it was legal to make SAMPLES not full tracks if to promote the item. Tons of record stores across the world do this so I really don't understand the issue.

Since this also involves internet, I will post in the computer/internet forum unless someone can answer my questions fully here.

thanks in advance!

HomeGuru

Scot E said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have been making mp3 samples of vinyls I sell/trade for the past 5+ years and linking them on eBay and my website when I sell them.

I recently came across some issues with our new web host - below is a portion of the email that was sent

Hello,

Our system administrator is noticed presence of mp3 content on your site. Please confirm that you have rights to distribute such content for public use or remove mp3's asap. Thank you so much for cooperation.​

I thought it was legal to make SAMPLES not full tracks if to promote the item. Tons of record stores across the world do this so I really don't understand the issue.

Since this also involves internet, I will post in the computer/internet forum unless someone can answer my questions fully here.

thanks in advance!
**A: it is not legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">