• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retirement Fund Payoff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ERMALTIGER

What is the name of your state? NEVADA
I have been trying to get my retirement money from my ex-employer since june of 2002. He finally sent me a statement of how much i was owed last month. I signed and returned the papers to his accountant. He then said that the first statement that i was sent was a mistake and that i would be getting less money then the first statement said. I think i should be paid what the first said since he signed the statement as being my payoff amount.

Beth3

The only question is how much money you are actually entitled to under the terms of the Plan. If your employer made a clerical error, you aren't entitled to the difference in your favor.

If your bank sent you your savings account statement and instead of showing you had $10,000 it said (in error) you had $100,000, are you seriously suggesting that the bank is obligated to put $90,000 in your account because someone made a mistake?

E

ERMALTIGER

I agree with your reply except you don't know my ex-employer. He would not pay me for my last week of work until I sued him and the courts made him pay me $3000. He could have paid me the original amount of $500 but he made me sue him and it took 6 months. I tried for two years to get my retirement but he refused to even consider it. He only agreed after I contacted the Department of Labor and they contacted him. He sent me a letter informing me of the amount I was due and signed it. He had plenty of time to study the statement before he signed it and sent it to me. I believe he is still trying to punish me for leaving.

Beth3

If you believe you are not being paid what you are rightfully due under the terms of the retirement Plan, then contact the federal DOL again.

Sorry to hear your former employer is such a jerk but that still doesn't entitle you to proceeds miscalculated due to a clerical error. Unfortunately, no one here would have a clue how much money you are legitimately owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">