• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Twisting tale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brianre001

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Ok here goes get ready for this as its an odd story

A while back someone close to me used my ebay account to list an auction a buyer then ask if the auction can be ended early so she could sell to them private, Well she did an she paid for the item using paypal, this too was my account. Well the buyer now wants her money back but refuses to send me the item back before i refund her in full ( now this is something I cannot do not out of anything other than i cant afford to as im on disability ) So I tried to arrange it to where i would send her half of the total ( the total in this case was 150 so 75 would be half ) she send me the horse back and i would refund her the remainder, well some things came up and i ran out of money now she is threating me to small claims court ( she lives in new york state ) Can someone tell me what can I do to try to resolve this situation or somethin as I am at my wits end :(

HomeGuru

brianre001 said:

A while back someone close to me used my ebay account to list an auction a buyer then ask if the auction can be ended early so she could sell to them private, Well she did an she paid for the item using paypal, this too was my account. Well the buyer now wants her money back but refuses to send me the item back before i refund her in full ( now this is something I cannot do not out of anything other than i cant afford to as im on disability ) So I tried to arrange it to where i would send her half of the total ( the total in this case was 150 so 75 would be half ) she send me the horse back and i would refund her the remainder, well some things came up and i ran out of money now she is threating me to small claims court ( she lives in new york state ) Can someone tell me what can I do to try to resolve this situation or somethin as I am at my wits end :(
**A: can she mail the horse back?

B

brianre001

She said that it wasnt what she thought it was but there was a clear picture and she was told of any flaws..... she accepted them terms

pattimelt

brianre001 said:

1) Don't allow others to use your ebay account.

2) Don't end an auction early to sell off ebay--there is NO protection if you do so.

3) How was the item sent? Did you send with any type of online delivery confirmation(this is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED)? If you did so, and buyer wants to file for refund thru paypal, send delivery confirmation information to paypal, and buyer will get refund request denied by paypal.

JETX

Jeeze.... I can't believe how many WRONG or "Gee, maybe, coulda" answers you are getting. Here are the LEGAL facts:

brianre001 said:
Can someone tell me what can I do to try to resolve this situation or somethin as I am at my wits end
Don't do anything. Simply, there is NOTHING in your post that could lead any KNOWLEDGEABLE person to believe you have any obligation to this buyer. Simply, tell her that you are sorry that she is unhappy about her purchase but your post was NOT deceptive (was it??).
Then, don't do a damn thing..... as stated by someone else, it is unlikely that she file any legal action against you in YOUR state for $150.
If you do receive notice of a lawsuit, THEN come back here and we will try to provide COMPETENT answers.

B

brianre001

Thanks alot here is a few snippits from an email she sent me

I honestly don't know, but a fellow ebayer told me that's how HE handled fraud cases and he filed in his own hometown. I'll look into it, just need to talk to the local judge. Even if it's wrong, I need to visit my dad down there anyways, I guess a court appearance would make as good an excuse as any to drop in, I can even stay with him if need be. However before I go to small claims I am waiting for judgement from the credit card company, and it's only been about a week. I don't particularly like appearing in court, no matter WHERE it is or WHAT the reason. Court is a last resort, and if the credit card co. can't help me I have one or two other ideas before I resort to that.

She seems like she wants to make a big deal out of 155.00 to which ive told her many times that I would gladly pay her back if she would return the horse 1st....... heres another

By the way, it is apparent to me that you intend to call my bluff and you don't think I will follow through with what I've said I'd do to get my money back. Believe me, for $155, if I CAN legally do it, I WILL do it! But like I said in my previous email, I can only take things one step at a time and I have to wait for other people to do things, just like you are waiting to see if I do anything.

Now she is under the impression that i think that she was bluffing..... I dont know but I am startin to think that shes bullying me and I dont like it :(
She dont wanna listen to reason so now what ???

Happy Trails

brianre001 said:
Thanks alot here is a few snippits from an email she sent me

She seems like she wants to make a big deal out of 155.00 to which ive told her many times that I would gladly pay her back if she would return the horse 1st....... heres another

Now she is under the impression that i think that she was bluffing..... I dont know but I am startin to think that shes bullying me and I dont like it :(
She dont wanna listen to reason so now what ???
**And block her from e-mailing you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">