• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud/Warrants Issued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spikelafon

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
In May 2002 I quit my job as bookkeeper as my employer owed $480,000 in back payroll taxes and he asked me to change the records. I refused and quit.
For six months I went to a Labor Law Attorney but got nowhere fast as my former employer would not address any correspondence we sent him. He held back my last paycheck and my IRA account monies. In Dec 4, '03 my employer's attorney filed a Civil Remedy for theft or Exploitation in Civil Court to collect money that he stated I took from him totaling over $112,000 which clearly states that I have 30 days from the date of service to respond. On Dec 29th, his atty filed a motion for default as they did not get my response until Jan 6, 04. I was in default. I thought I had extra days as the court was closed for serveral holidays that month. Sent letter to Clerk of Court Mar 30th asking them to grant a motion of discontinuance for the 4/5/o4 hearing as they mailed it to my place of business and we moved offices so I received it late. I received no response to my letter but attended the hearing without an atty present. The judge was rude and only spoke with plaintiff's atty. I told the judge that I could not afford an atty and what should I do now? He told me I'd better find out and said that I had until that friday to come up with something. I did not know that this judge was holding another hearing 4/12/04 until the last minute! I asked a casual atty I knew to attend, but he stated that he never received the fax I sent him to attend until that very same day as he went away. By then, it was too late. Summary Judgement was issued 4/12/04. Now, I have a warrant out for my arrest from the State Atty's office for communications fraud for this same issue? Does this seem fair or is this double jeopardy?? I feel I wasn't treated fair with the civil action and now a warrant. Currently, the IRS has summoned me to provide any information I have regarding plaintiffs books as he is being investigated for tax evasion! Thank god I have copies of accounting disks for Plaintiff when I left his employ. Any info would help. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">