• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the grandparent get custody of him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hayn_guy

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

My cousin has been in prison for a little over a year now, and a few months ago, his ex-girlfriend has given birth to his son (paternity tests have proven this). His ex-girlfriend was also in a prison-type program at the time of the baby's birth and the baby was born with drug in his system. Because of this, the baby was immediately put into state custody and placed into a foster home after treatment.

My aunty, who already has custody of my cousin's first child, wanted custody of her new grandson. But, the family that the baby has been living with since it's birth wants to try and adopt the baby.

Will my aunty have priority for custody over the current foster parents? Please give any feedback that you can. Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">