• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

manager with an attitude

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

huskerannie

What is the name of your state? I work in Nebraska and live in Iowa.
undefined :rolleyes: I work at a hotel company and I was sick one day and I told my manager per policy I was leaving he said if I leave I was 'dismissed'. He is lying to to to everyone. There was another supervisor that knows the truth and told it but, they are saying I walked out on my job. I called corporate in Chicago and they got on the issue and all of a sudden I am reinstated as if I was on medical leave 2 weeks. I am reinstated to my original date of hire 1 year ago and so next week I get bday pay and 2 wks vacation.
They lied to unemployment and I got docked 10 wks and $2,000 of benefits.
I told them if i would agree to come back, I refuse to work under the manager that lies and caused me grief. they also told me that I could not contest the Unemployment if they hired me but I did not sign anything. :confused: Now I am very hesitant to go back to work as there is a rope around my neck? I am note sure. the jerk refused to give me a raise even tho I am the top in statistics on calls. I live by the golden rule and when they have lied they are only as good as their word and currently that is *%$&.
Is there any thing I need to know or should be aware of? I am so ticked off.

thanks for your time!

Beth3

What you should know is that if you refuse to return to work, your employer has the right to contest any further UC benefits on the basis that you declined work and the State will almost certainly rule in their favor.

What you should also know is that management didn't have to do ANY of this. There's no law that requires an emloyer to "make it right" because a supervisor is a lying jerk.

Assuming you need the income, then the wise thing to do appears to be to accept their offer. If you have any further problems with this supervisor then contact corporate again, or apply for a transfer, or start looking for a new job elsewhere and quit this one when you accept another offer.

I suspect your understanding of the UC issues involved is a bit confused but you have every right to contest an unemployment decision made by the State as long as you do so within the time period allowed. An employer cannot interfere with that right. I'm guessing that what your employer means though is the issue I've raised above - if you decline to return to work, the State will most likely deny UC benefits from that point forward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">